How PRP Treatment Differs from Dermal Filler Injections
Hyaluronic acid dermal fillers, such as Juvederm and Restylane, are composed of materials that can be used to fill in lines and skin folds. These treatments are often performed to soften deeper lines, such as nasal labial fold lines (vertical lines from the nose to the mouth), and for plumping the lips.
PRP treatment stimulates the growth of your own collagen, for rejuvenation of the entire face, rather than treating individual lines and wrinkles. This technique can be used to:
- Add volume to a face that looks drawn or stressed
- Soften hollows under the eyes
- Plump unsightly indentations in the cheeks
- Improve skin tone, texture, and tightness
- Fill in areas where dermal fillers are not an appropriate treatment