PRACTICE POLICY UPDATE REGARDING COVID-19
Coronavirus (Covid-19) Update
Updated May 20th, 2020
Effective immediately the following will occur:
- 1. We have received clearance from San Diego county and are now open and seeing patients
- 2. We require any person entering our office to wear a mask or face covering
- 3. Under federal anti-discrimination laws, we have the right to refuse service to any person for any reason except for race or color
We are constantly updating our services and staffing according to the local and national recommendations and will always place your health and well-being as our top priority.
We have added a new filtration system with bipolar ionization attached to multiple HVAC systems throughout our office and had HEPA filters installed. This filtration system is similar to ones that are in hospital operating rooms. It will create reduced virus zones. We also spray the entire office at night with Electrostatic which generates charged droplets that repel one another and actively seek out environmental surfaces, which they stick to and even wrap around to coat all sides and disinfects bacteria and viruses off any surface within 2 minutes.
If you are sick or mildly sick, please stay home. If you are suffering from any of these symptoms such as fever, cough, fatigue, no appetite, shortness of breath, sputum production, runny nose, vomiting, diarrhea or body ache please reschedule your appointment. We will reschedule your appointment without penalty or fees after 14 days.
We continue to exercise all the latest recommendations that are handed down by the CDC. These include:
- Staff have been fully informed and trained to understand the disease process and its modes of transmission.
- All staff, vendors and ancillary personnel are being asked to refrain from coming to this office if they have any signs or symptoms of a cold or an upper respiratory tract infection.
- Every patient is also being asked to refrain from coming to the office if they have any symptoms.
- We are asking our patients about any pertinent travel history.
- Hand-washing continues to be the most important mode of prevention. Although it is a part of what we constantly do, now we are doing so with heightened vigilance and attention.
- We have instituted a “no handshakes no hug” policy for now.
- We have asked all vendors that any unnecessary meetings are canceled until further notice.
- Any exit and entrance from our office are followed by a protocol of changing shoes, scrubs and sanitization.
- As we are an accredited medical facility, we are constantly sanitizing all surfaces. We have now vamped that up and our routine, multiple times a day, wiping down all surfaces, desks, door handles, keyboards and restroom facilities. We have assigned a person that does so on a constant basis.
Although Covid-19 is a serious issue, we strongly believe that it will pass and hopefully make our infrastructure and our ability to deal with pandemics in this Country even better than it currently is. We are monitoring this situation on a real-time basis and will not sit back until we know that we have done everything possible to avoid unnecessary exposure.
Here are some links that might be useful:
Please do not hesitate to contact us. We are always here to answer your questions
Call us at 888-406-4801
Contact us today and schedule a virtual consultation!