Day of Treatment:
- If you have any discomfort, begin applying a cool compress to the treated area. This will help alleviate any discomfort, as well as help keep down the swelling. Swelling will be most evident around the eyes and is usually more prominent the next morning. Apply cool compresses for less than one minute each time.
- Some redness and swelling in the area is normal after treatment and may feel similar to a sunburn. This should resolve within a few days post treatment.
- Remain indoors and avoid direct and indirect sunlight.
- Apply Skin Medica’s Restorative Ointment to keep face moisturized and spray on thermal spring water.
- Take analgesics such as Advil or Tylenol, if needed.
- Sleep with your head elevated on pillows the first 3-4 days following the treatment to help minimize swelling.
- Avoid excessive salt intake to help minimize swelling
- You should NOT take a shower the day of treatment.
Day 2-7 after Treatment:
- Continue to take pain medication and apply a cold compress as needed (only 15-20 seconds at a time) to help alleviate discomfort and swelling. The discomfort usually subsides in 3-5 days following treatment.
- If blister forms soak the treated area with a solution of 1 tsp. white vinegar in 1 cup of cold water. Ice should be applied directly over the vinegar soaks. After soaking and applying ice for approximately 15 minutes, the area should be patted dry and Skin Medica’s Restorative Ointment or Hydrocortisone 1% ointment reapplied. Follow this procedure every 4 – 6 hours during your waking hours.
- Apply Hydrocortisone 1% ointment 2 times a day, as needed for itchiness.
- You may stop using Skin Medica’s Restorative Ointment 2 days after procedure. On the 3rd day after your procedure, start using Laser Cliniqúe’s Green Tea Wash and Laser Cliniqúe’s Green Tea Therapy TWICE daily and Skin Medica’s Environmental Defense Sunscreen SPF 50
- You may begin applying a MINERAL or OXYGENETIX make-up once any crusting has healed which occurs 5 – 7 days following treatment.
- Avoid direct sunlight for a few weeks. Use sunscreen (Skin Medica’s Environmental Defense Sunscreen SPF 50) and wear a brimmed hat and sunglasses.
- You may shower the next day after your treatment. AVOID hot water to the treated area.
- Avoid dirty, dusty environments while skin is healing. Avoid hairsprays, perfumes, etc. while skin is healing
- Avoid topical exfoliation for 4 weeks
Learn more about TotalFX
Meet Dr. Ataii
Medical Director of Laser Cliniqúe
P. Alexander Ataii M.D. is the Medical Director and Founder of Laser Cliniqúe in San Diego. He is a skilled skin care specialist who focuses on all aspects of the skin both diagnostic and cosmetic.View Bio