- Please have a driver with you the day of treatment since you have the option of medication that will make you drowsy and may be unable to operate a motor vehicle. Arrange for pick up 2 hours later.
- Do not tan the area to be treated 4-6 weeks prior to treatment (including self-tanning products & tanning beds) and 4-6 weeks after treatment. Use sunscreen daily and reapply every 2-3 hours.
- If you have a history of cold sores, notify your provider.
- No Accutane use within the past 12 months.
- Stop harsh products with active ingredients (Retin A, Retinol, Glycolic, AHA & Vit C) 5-7 days prior to treatment and 4-6 weeks following treatment.
- Bring a hat, sunglasses and a scarf the day of your treatment.
- If you have any discomfort, begin applying a cool compress to the treated area. This will help alleviate any discomfort, as well as help keep down the swelling. Swelling will be most evident around the eyes and is usually more prominent the next morning. Apply cool compresses for 15-20 seconds at a time.
- Redness, swelling and burning sensation is typical in the 24-48 hours after resurfacing and may feel similar to a sunburn. Avoid exercising (sweating) until the treated area is healed.
- You should NOT take a shower the day of treatment.
- Remain indoors and avoid direct and indirect sunlight (i.e. sitting in front of a window).
- Apply LC’s Restorative Ointment and use Avene Thermal Spring Water Spray as needed.
- Take analgesics such as Advil or Tylenol, if needed.
- Sleep with your head elevated on pillows the first 3-4 days following the treatment to help minimize swelling
- Avoid excessive salt intake to help minimize swelling
- Be sure to follow the skin care regimen your provider has recommended.
- Continue to take over-the-counter pain medication, such as Advil or Tylenol, and apply a cold compress as needed. The discomfort usually subsides in 3-5 days following treatment.
- You may shower the next day after your treatment. AVOID hot water to the treated area.
- Gently wash the treated area with tepid water & mild cleanser 3-4 times per day starting morning after treatment. Immediately re-apply LC's Restorative Ointment after cleansing. Continue regimen for 2 days after procedure. On the 3rd day after your procedure, start using LC's Green Tea Wash and LC's Green Tea Therapy TWICE daily followed by LC’s Green Tea Tinted Sunscreen in the daytime.
- Avoid dirty, dusty environments, hairsprays, perfumes, etc. while skin is healing.
- Apply Hydrocortisone 1% ointment at least 2-3 times a day, as needed, for itchiness.
- If blister forms soak the treated area with a solution of 1 tsp. white vinegar in 1 cup of cold water. Ice should be applied directly over the vinegar soaks. After soaking and applying ice for approximately 15 minutes, the area should be patted dry and Laser Clinique’s Restorative Ointment or Hydrocortisone 1% ointment reapplied. Follow this procedure every 4 - 6 hours during your waking hours.
- You may begin applying a MINERAL make-up once any crusting has healed which occurs 5-7 days following treatment.
***EXTREME SUN SENSITIVITY FOR 5-7 DAYS! YOU MUST STAY OUT OF THE SUN COMPLETELY!***
If you have any questions or concerns do not hesitate to call our office: 888-406-4801