- Do not take blood thinners (Advil, Ibuprofen, Motrin, ASA or blood thinning medications) at least 24-48 hours before your appointment.
- The ideal time to schedule Kybella is at least 2 weeks before a big event.
- Do inform your provider if you have a history of difficulty swallowing, medication allergies, history of anaphylaxis and any other medical problems.
- After the treatment, use ice packs on the area treated with Kybella (no more than 20 seconds at a time) on and off throughout the rest of the day.
- Treated areas may be red, inflamed, swollen and bruised for the first 2-7 days.
In rare cases, this can last up to 2 weeks.
- Sleep with extra pillows under your head (your head should be higher than your heart) to help with the swelling.
- Resume all normal activities including exercising after 24 hours from your treatment day, as long as it is comfortable for you.
- Take Advil, Ibuprofen or Motrin, if needed for any discomfort or swelling after your treatment.
- If bruising occurs, apply topical Arnica and/or Bromelain and take oral Arnica and/or Bromelain as directed to help resolve bruising faster.
- You can cover bruising with makeup after 24 hours.
*Remember to schedule your next appointment in 6-8 weeks. Kybella typically requires 2-6 sessions for optimal results.*
If you have any questions or concerns do not hesitate to call our office: 888-406-4801