Recovery and Healing
- Avoid touching the treated area within the following 6 hours. After that, a light make-up can be applied and the area can be mildly washed with soap and water.
- Until the initial swelling and redness have resolved, do not expose the treated area to intense heat or extreme cold.
- Immediately after treatment, there may be slight redness, swelling, tenderness and itching sensation at the treated area. This is a normal result of the injection. The inconvenience is temporary and generally disappears in a day or two. If the inconvenience continues or if the reactions occur, please contact your physician.
- The initial swelling after lip treatment may last longer, up to a week, and the lips can look somewhat uneven. This means that the result directly after the treatment should not be looked upon as the final result.
- If you have previously suffered from facial cold sores, there is a risk that the needle could contribute to another cold sores eruption.
- If you are using aspirin or any similar medication, be aware that these may increase the bruising and bleeding at the injection site.
Finally, since Juvéderm® is natural substance which dissolves over time, the correction does not last forever. Most people chose to be treated again within a year of the original treatment. This Juvederm pre post treatment checklist will surely help you to have smooth procedure with no worries.
Learn more about Juvederm
Meet Dr. Ataii
Medical Director of Laser Cliniqúe
P. Alexander Ataii M.D. is the Medical Director and Founder of Laser Cliniqúe in San Diego. He is a skilled skin care specialist who focuses on all aspects of the skin both diagnostic and cosmetic.
- Delivered Over 25,000 Botox Treatments
- Delivered Over 20,000 Dermal Fillers
- Top 250 of 42,000 Allergan Providers Nationwide
- Patients' Choice Award Winner 2007-2020