Recovery and Healing
- Avoid touching the treated area within the following 6 hours. After that, a light make-up can be applied and the area can be mildly washed with soap and water.
- Until the initial swelling and redness have resolved, do not expose the treated area to intense heat or extreme cold.
- Immediately after treatment, there may be slight redness, swelling, tenderness and itching sensation at the treated area. This is a normal result of the injection. The inconvenience is temporary and generally disappears in a day or two. If the inconvenience continues or if the reactions occur, please contact your physician.
- The initial swelling after lip treatment may last longer, up to a week, and the lips can look somewhat uneven. This means that the result directly after the treatment should not be looked upon as the final result.
- If you have previously suffered from facial cold sores, there is a risk that the needle could contribute to another cold sores eruption.
- If you are using aspirin or any similar medication, be aware that these may increase the bruising and bleeding at the injection site.
Finally, since Juvéderm® is natural substance which dissolves over time, the correction does not last forever. Most people chose to be treated again within a year of the original treatment. This Juvederm pre post treatment checklist will surely help you to have smooth procedure with no worries.