Collagen is a vital protein found naturally within the skin which helps to maintain the skin’s elasticity. It breaks down over time as a result of the aging process, which contributes to the formation of sagging skin and wrinkles. Ultherapy (a non-surgical facelift) is a cutting-edge procedure that is designed to dramatically tighten and lift the skin while minimizing sagging. Explore what San Diego Ultherapy treatment can do for you at Laser Cliniqúe.
How does Ultherapy work?
- Ultherapy works deep within your skin to target the deep connective tissue and muscle.
- The procedure uses ultrasound technology to heat the deep tissues in your skin, resulting in the tightening and lifting of loose skin.
- In addition to providing these visible results on the surface of your skin, this procedure also stimulates the natural production of new collagen, which will help your skin maintain its elasticity and more youthful appearance.
- There is no downtime associated with this non-invasive procedure, and you can resume your normal activities immediately.
- Ultherapy is designed to firm and tighten your skin, lift the brow and open the eyes, for a refreshed and rejuvenated look -- evident after only one treatment session.
- Although you can experience a noticeable lifting immediately after the procedure, you can expect full results after 3 months as the skin’s natural production of collagen is stimulated.
How Safe is Ultherapy Treatment?
Ultrasound energy has been used safely in the field of medicine for more than half a century. The Ultherapy procedure is not only FDA approved, it has also been safely used in more than half a million treatments worldwide.
Furthermore, medical practitioners who deliver Ultherapy must first receive extensive procedural training. You can have confidence in any provider listed in the Ultherapy provider directory, and you will find Laser Cliniqúe listed as a qualified provider in the San Diego area.
Ultherapy results keep getting better for months!
Our San Diego Ultherapy uses safe ultrasound energy to tighten and lift the skin naturally, without surgery and with no post-procedure downtime. A single non-invasive treatment can help counteract the effects of gravity, exposure to the sun, and reverse the signs of aging.
You may see some benefit immediately after your Ultherapy treatment, but the results continue to improve over the weeks and months. During that time, your appearance will continue to improve as your body naturally regenerates collagen to lift and tighten the skin.
This doesn’t mean you will face a long wait to enjoy a fresher, younger appearance – but the treatment will continue to improve and enhance skin texture and tightness over the following months. You will be able to return to your normal activities immediately after the treatment, with no restrictions. Your skin may appear flushed at first, but that should disappear within a few hours, and as your body produces more collagen through this advanced skin tightening procedure, your skin continues to rejuvenate.
Cost of Ultherapy
The cost of Ultherapy varies depending on the size and condition of the facial area being treated. As all of our treatments are customized to meet each patient’s needs individually, the exact cost will be discussed in your personal consultation prior to the treatment.
Ultherapy is nonsurgical and noninvasive so patients who receive the treatment can return to their normal activities with no downtime, no restrictions and no requirements, although skin in the treated area might appear flushed or reddish for a few hours. Some patients may experience mild temporary effects such as swelling, tingling or tenderness, all of which will disappear within a few hours of treatment.
What to expect with Ultherapy Treatment
The first step in the process is to schedule a consultation with Dr. Ataii, who will evaluate your skin, discuss your concerns, and determine if you are a candidate for Ultherapy. You will not need to follow any special regimen to prepare for treatment.
During the procedure, your skin will first be cleansed and the specific treatment areas identified. Dr. Ataii will apply ultrasound gel in the area to be treated and place a smooth, comfortable applicator on your skin. Using ultrasound imaging, he will determine optimal placement of ultrasound energy, then deliver the focused energy beneath the surface of the skin. You will feel tiny amounts of energy being deposited under the skin, which means the new collagen production is being triggered. This sensation only lasts for the duration of the treatment.
The length of time needed for treatment depends on your treatment plan. Typically, it takes 60 to 90 minutes for a face and neck procedure and approximately 30 minutes to treat the chest. You will be free to resume normal activities immediately after the procedure.
Your skin may be flushed after treatment, but it disappears in a matter of hours. You may experience slight swelling, tenderness, or tingling, but these effects are temporary. Although it is less common, some patients may experience temporary bruising or numbness in small areas after treatment.
Why choose Laser Cliniqúe?
Dr. Ataii has built Laser Cliniqúe as a space where patients with the widest possible variety of cosmetic concerns and conditions could be safely and personally treated to help them overcome visual or aesthetic concerns they feel hold them back from reaching their full potential. Nearly two decades later, we are proud to have thousands of satisfied patients who stand in testament to our accomplishment of that goal and we would love to help you, too.
Ultherapy FAQ'sCan Ultherapy replace a facelift? How long does Ultherapy last? How many Ultherapy treatments will I need?
Can Ultherapy replace a facelift?
Ultherapy is a great alternative to a facelift as it treats the same foundational layers of tissue that are also addressed in cosmetic surgery, but it will not quite mirror the results of a surgical procedure.
How long does Ultherapy last?
Results appear over two to three months and can last for as long as a year or more.
How many Ultherapy treatments will I need?
Most patients require a single Ultherapy treatment. Depending on how much lax skin you have, you may benefit from more than one treatment.
Ultherapy Treatment Videos at Laser Cliniqúe in San Diego and La Jolla, California
P. Alexander Ataii M.D. of Laser Cliniqúe on KGTV 10 News
San Diego Ultherapy Gallery
Meet Dr. Ataii
Medical Director of Laser Cliniqúe
P. Alexander Ataii M.D. is the Medical Director and Founder of Laser Cliniqúe in San Diego. He is a skilled skin care specialist who focuses on all aspects of the skin both diagnostic and cosmetic.View Bio
PRACTICE POLICY UPDATE REGARDING COVID-19
Coronavirus (Covid-19) Update
Updated May 20th, 2020
Effective immediately the following will occur:
- 1. We have received clearance from San Diego county and are now open and seeing patients
- 2. We require any person entering our office to wear a mask or face covering
- 3. Under federal anti-discrimination laws, we have the right to refuse service to any person for any reason except for race or color
We are constantly updating our services and staffing according to the local and national recommendations and will always place your health and well-being as our top priority.
We have added a new filtration system with bipolar ionization attached to multiple HVAC systems throughout our office and had HEPA filters installed. This filtration system is similar to ones that are in hospital operating rooms. It will create reduced virus zones. We also spray the entire office at night with Electrostatic which generates charged droplets that repel one another and actively seek out environmental surfaces, which they stick to and even wrap around to coat all sides and disinfects bacteria and viruses off any surface within 2 minutes.
If you are sick or mildly sick, please stay home. If you are suffering from any of these symptoms such as fever, cough, fatigue, no appetite, shortness of breath, sputum production, runny nose, vomiting, diarrhea or body ache please reschedule your appointment. We will reschedule your appointment without penalty or fees after 14 days.
We continue to exercise all the latest recommendations that are handed down by the CDC. These include:
- Staff have been fully informed and trained to understand the disease process and its modes of transmission.
- All staff, vendors and ancillary personnel are being asked to refrain from coming to this office if they have any signs or symptoms of a cold or an upper respiratory tract infection.
- Every patient is also being asked to refrain from coming to the office if they have any symptoms.
- We are asking our patients about any pertinent travel history.
- Hand-washing continues to be the most important mode of prevention. Although it is a part of what we constantly do, now we are doing so with heightened vigilance and attention.
- We have instituted a “no handshakes no hug” policy for now.
- We have asked all vendors that any unnecessary meetings are canceled until further notice.
- Any exit and entrance from our office are followed by a protocol of changing shoes, scrubs and sanitization.
- As we are an accredited medical facility, we are constantly sanitizing all surfaces. We have now vamped that up and our routine, multiple times a day, wiping down all surfaces, desks, door handles, keyboards and restroom facilities. We have assigned a person that does so on a constant basis.
Although Covid-19 is a serious issue, we strongly believe that it will pass and hopefully make our infrastructure and our ability to deal with pandemics in this Country even better than it currently is. We are monitoring this situation on a real-time basis and will not sit back until we know that we have done everything possible to avoid unnecessary exposure.
Here are some links that might be useful:
- State of California Department of Health
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- World Health Organization (WHO)
Please do not hesitate to contact us. We are always here to answer your questions
Call us at 888-406-4801
Contact us today and schedule a virtual consultation!