What is Volbella Filler?
A hyaluronic acid-based gel containing a skin-numbing ingredient called Lidocaine, Juvederm Volbella is smoother and softer than other injectable dermal fillers to allow for easier deliverance of the gel into the epidermis. Allergan, the maker of our San Diego volbella filler, uses a patented technology called Vycross that supports efficient cross-linking of hyaluronic acid molecules. While most dermal fillers are made with high molecular weight HA, Juvederm Volbella is formulated with 90 percent low molecular weight HA and 10 percent high molecular weight hyaluronic acid, which helps increase its durability and effectiveness.
Vycross technology not only makes volbella filler less hydrophilic to reduce swelling but also offers natural-looking results aided by the moisture-retaining properties of hyaluronic acid. In other words, choosing to add volume to your lips with Volbella means you won’t be stuck with “fish lips” or an overly pouty mouth that rapidly deflates in a few months.
Juvederm Volbella FAQ'sWhat are the benefits of Juvederm Volbella? What happens before a Juvederm Volbella treatment? What should patients do after Volbella Filler Injections? Are results immediately visible? Who would benefit from Volbella Filler for lips?
Juvederm Volbella FAQ's
What are the benefits of Juvederm Volbella?
Besides enjoying rejuvenated skin around your mouth and fuller, more defined lips for at least a year before needing supplementary injections, additional advantages to choosing volbella filler over other fillers include:
- Ease of injection means less discomfort while your doctor is injecting the filler gel
- Results that are more natural looking and smoother than results of other dermal fillers
- Longer lasting results due to the filler’s strong resistance to degradation
- Ability to offer optimized lifting of sagging contours
- Minimal swelling and redness at injection sites due to its ultra-smooth consistency
Lidocaine, a topical numbing agent that blocks pain signals from reaching nerve endings, is included in each injection of Juvederm Volbella to numb the injection site for up to an hour or more. The only sensation felt by people receiving volbella filler injections is slight pressure as the very small needle enters the skin.
What happens before a Juvederm Volbella treatment?
During a consultation appointment with P. Alexander Ataii, M.D., you will answer questions about treatment goals and discuss your medical history. He will then evaluate your lips and skin around your mouth to determine how many injections you may need to achieve desirable results. Before an actual injection, specific facial areas are cleaned with antiseptic and your doctor may place identifying marks on your face using a pen.
What should patients do after Volbella Filler Injections?
Aftercare involves keeping your face clear of cosmetics for at least 12 hours, avoiding direct sunlight and staying out of steam rooms or saunas for 14 days. Any temporary swelling, bruising or discomfort may be relieved with a cold pack or ibuprofen. You should not have additional dermal filler treatments in the same areas for at least seven to 10 days.
Are results immediately visible?
You should see results soon after your San Diego Volbella treatment with Dr. Ataii. For some people, results are immediately noticeable. Others may not notice visible results for a few hours. Dr. Ataii will discuss in-depth what to expect following injections.
Who would benefit from Volbella Filler for lips?
Juvederm Volbella injectable gel filler can help:
- Define and contour the outline of your lips. If you have thin, shapeless lips, Volbella may be right for you
- Smooth away fine, vertical wrinkles that typically appear around the lips of smokers
- Improve the visibility of your mouth’s “cupid’s bow” for a more attractive, “pouty” appearance
- Uplift drooping commissures (the corners of the mouth)
- Erase “marionette” wrinkles that start at the mouth’s corners and extend down to your chin
If you have any of these skin issues and wish to dramatically reduce their appearance while enhancing your skin’s health for more youthful, firmer looking skin, please call Laser Cliniqúe today for a cosmetic consultation regarding Juvederm Volbella: 858-481-7701.
Meet Dr. Ataii
Medical Director of Laser Cliniqúe
P. Alexander Ataii M.D. is the Medical Director and Founder of Laser Cliniqúe in San Diego. He is a skilled skin care specialist who focuses on all aspects of the skin both diagnostic and cosmetic.
- Delivered Over 25,000 Botox Treatments
- Delivered Over 20,000 Dermal Fillers
- Top 250 of 42,000 Allergan Providers Nationwide
- Patients' Choice Award Winner 2007-2020