What is ThermiVa?
Patients are often nervous to undergo surgical vaginal rejuvenation in La Jolla & San Diego and opt instead for non-surgical ThermiVa treatment. ThermiVa is a new, non-surgical and painless procedure that does not require incisions, recovery time or hospitalization. In addition to labia and vaginal tightening, ThermiVa also reduces the severity of symptoms associated with mild to moderate stress incontinence, vulvovaginal atrophy (dryness) and orgasmic dysfunction due to laxity and dryness. ThermiVa’s consistently positive, long-term results have led to this procedure becoming one of the most popular treatments for women of all ages suffering vulvovaginal laxity due to childbirth and aging as well as premenopausal and menopausal dryness and tissue degeneration.
How does ThermiVa work?
The ability for ThermiVa to provide non-surgical, in-office vaginal tightening stems from radiofrequency (RF) technology. RF energy emits safe levels of therapeutic heat that effectively promotes synthesis of collagen within vulvovaginal tissues while also shrinking and tightening these same, damaged tissues resulting in vaginal tightening. RF technology has been used for over 10 years in various cosmetic dermatology treatments for smoothing wrinkles, improving skin texture and tightening sagging skin.
ThermiVa’s controlled RF heat is applied to the interior and exterior of the vagina using a small, curved, handheld wand that is passed lightly over tissues. As tissues absorb RF waves, they begin initiating a healing response to the heat. As a result of this natural response, your skin and tissue start producing new collagen (collagen remodeling) to repair RF-treated tissues. Collagen remodeling is what happens when facial wrinkling is treated using RF technology. The process of collagen remodeling not only replaces old skin with “new” skin, but also shrinks and tightens lax tissues to provide a rejuvenated appearance and texture.
As collagen remodeling enhances the health of aging vulvovaginal tissues, the ability of these tissues to secrete moisture and lubrication increases rapidly. One of the chief complaints older women have involves vaginal atrophy or dryness, which prevents them from enjoying a spontaneous sex life. Estrogen loss is the main reason why vaginal dryness occurs in women over 45, a condition exacerbated by the general deterioration of tissues due to aging. Instead of choosing hormone replacement therapy to increase estrogen levels, many women are now electing ThermiVa treatments for improving symptoms of vaginal laxity and dryness.
The width of the disposable hand piece is about 0.5”. This specially designed hand piece has a thoughtful design with comfort in mind.
How long is a ThermiVa session?
Taking about 30 minutes, each ThermiVa treatment session is performed by P. Alexander Ataii, M.D. or his expertly trained female aesthetic nurses at Laser Cliniqúe. Since it is painless and noninvasive, you do not have to worry about “taking it easy” after the procedure. In fact, you can resume your normal activities as soon as you leave the office. Women opting for ThermiVa have reported the results of this innovative treatment for vaginal tightening, vaginal dryness, sexual dysfunction and/or stress incontinence is almost miraculous. Not only do they have a more rejuvenated vagina and labia but they also generally feel better about themselves, are much more satisfied with their appearance and experience a dramatically enhanced sexual response.
Why You Should Consider ThermiVa Vaginal Rejuvenation?
ThermiVa in San Diego is more than just a vaginal rejuvenation technology that can effectively address numerous vulvovaginal health problems. By using therapeutic levels of controlled radio-frequency heat, ThermiVa offers women the ability to tighten internal and external vaginal areas, reduce vaginal dryness, improve her ability to enjoy sexual activity and prevent mild to moderate symptoms of urinary leakage due to stress incontinence.
What is Radiofrequency Thermal Heat?
Radiofrequency energy is derived from electromagnetic wave frequencies existing anywhere between 3 kHz to 300 GHz. When radio-frequency (RF) energy is used to treat damaged human tissues, the heat generated by RF energy tightens tissues, stimulates collagen production, promotes blood flow to the treated area and even breaks down adipose (fat) cells in some cases. Radiofrequency therapy is also routinely employed to smooth away facial wrinkles, enhance skin health and increase delivery of oxygen-rich blood to the skin for supporting the ability of skin to naturally regenerate itself.
ThermiVa’s RF technology induces collagen contraction via biochemical and mechanical pathways. As RF energy is delivered deeply into vulvovaginal tissues, collagen remodeling (growth of new collagen matrix) occurs when tissues react by initiating a wound healing response. Collagen remodeling also gives women the kind of desirable tissue tightening they want when they suffer from lax vulvovaginal tissues, stress incontinence or pelvic organ prolapse.
Why Would I Want ThermiVa Vaginal Rejuvenation?
Thousands of women are opting for ThermiVa vaginal rejuvenation to improve or relieve one or more of the following conditions without undergoing surgery:
Vaginal childbirth and menopause are the main reason women suffer vulvovaginal laxity. Birth canal tissues are so dramatically stretched during childbirth that they rarely resume their normal shape. Estrogen levels during menopause fall rapidly, causing vulvovaginal tissues and skin to become thinner and less firm. Consequently, women diagnosed with vulvovaginal laxity experience decreased vaginal sensitivity and only nominal sexual satisfaction. Vulvovaginal laxity also contributes to stress incontinence and a further reduced quality of life.
Without the need for incisions or anesthesia, ThermiVa can tighten interior and exterior vaginal tissues and minimize labial tissue “sag” that prevents many women from wearing form-fitting pants. ThermiVa patients will also enjoy smoother, softer skin due to collagen remodeling and enhanced blood flow to the area.
Vulvovaginal Dryness and Atrophy
During per-menopause and menopause, estrogen loss leaves a woman’s vulva tissues and the vagina lining thinner, less elastic and drier than it was in her younger years. Doctors call this condition “vulvovaginal atrophy”, or a marked reduction in vaginal secretions. Because vaginal dryness usually makes intercourse uncomfortable and even painful, women suffering vulvovaginal atrophy may lose interest in having sex with their partner, which can lead to marriage/relationship issues. In addition, vaginal dryness interferes with the healthy functioning of the urinary system and may sometimes cause recurring vaginitis or urinary tract infections. Symptoms of vulvovaginal atrophy include burning, itching labial irritation when these symptoms cannot be attributed to other medical conditions.
ThermiVa promotes the production of vulvovaginal moisture and lubrication by stimulating collagen production and increasing oxygenated blood flow to tissues. For women who cannot or do not want estrogen therapy to replace lost estrogen, ThermiVa offers the perfect, safe and effective solution to relieving vulvovaginal atrophy and dryness.
Stress Incontinence Due to Childbirth, Menopause or Weak Pelvic Floor Muscles
Signs of stress incontinence involve leakage of small amounts of urine when sneezing, coughing, lifting objects, laughing or running. Although stress incontinence is not a serious medical condition, it can be embarrassing, uncomfortable and inconvenient for active women. In addition, urinary leakage during sexual intercourse is estimated to affect nearly 40 percent of women visiting their gynecologist for sexual dysfunction treatments.
Estrogen loss starting in per menopause will cause thinning of the urethra lining. The urethra is the tube that allows urine to pass out of the body. Without a full, healthy lining, the urethra is unable to prevent urine from dribbling out of the body when pelvic muscles are stressed (coughing, sneezing, etc.). In addition, a woman’s pelvic muscles tend to lose strength with age, a condition called pelvic relaxation.
Receiving ThermiVa vaginal rejuvenation in San Diego effectively tightens interior vaginal tissue linings associated with the urethra to help reduce incidences of stress urinary incontinence and leakage during intercourse. ThermiVa reduces the outer and inner diameters of your vagina to leave you with a smaller opening and enhanced muscle control.
Vulvovaginal laxity and/or vaginal atrophy can decrease genital sensitivity and make it difficult for a woman to achieve sexual satisfaction. ThermiVa’s RF technology delivers therapeutic heat into impaired tissues to induce collagen modeling, tighten tissues and increase sensitivity for stronger, more coordinated muscular contractions and a more enjoyable sex life.
5 Additional Benefits of ThermiVa Vaginal Rejuvenation
- A ThermiVa procedure takes less than 30 to 45 minutes at Laser Clinique. You do not need to prep for the treatment–come in on your lunchtime and return to work immediately afterward.
- Unlike other RF techniques designed to treat vulvovaginal tissue problems, ThermiVa treats both the vagina and the labia simultaneously.
- ThermiVa delivers controlled RF energy via a small, S-shaped comfortable hand piece. Treatments do not cause pain, stinging or discharge. Patients report the warmth remains at a comfortable level during the procedure.
- ThermiVa requires no recovery, downtime or delay in resuming sexual activity. Nonsurgical and non-ablative ThermiVa can be safely done between pregnancies or six weeks following childbirth.
- Effects of ThermiVa treatments can last up to 12 months, with ensuing maintenance treatments needed only once every 12 months.
Urinary incontinence is any unintended, accidental leakage of urine. It can occur at any time in life but is most common in more mature women and is more frequently found in women than in men. It is not an unusual problem and may be more prevalent than you think, with fully one-third of the population experiencing some degree of urinary incontinence.
Nevertheless, being incontinent at any age, whatever the cause, can be highly disruptive to a person’s life. Some people experience it only occasionally, while others become virtually housebound, due to the frequency or severity.
Types of Urinary Incontinence
There are several types of urinary incontinence, the two most common of which are:
- Stress incontinence
- Urge incontinence
The “stress” in this case is physical, rather than mental, and refers to sudden, extra pressure placed on the bladder from coughing, sneezing, laughing, heavy lifting or exercise. Stress incontinence is the most common type, especially for:
- Post-menopausal women
- Women who have given birth
- Women suffering from obesity
The reason it more commonly affects women in these categories is vaginal laxity. The labia and the muscles of the vagina have lost their elasticity and, therefore, their ability to tighten enough—or quickly enough—to retain the urine and prevent the leakage.
This is what is usually called “overactive bladder” and is a sudden, involuntary contraction of the bladder muscle that cannot be stopped. It may be due to nerve damage or damage to the bladder muscle.
ThermiVa as a Treatment for Urinary Incontinence
While results may vary from person to person, ThermiVa’s RF technology can rejuvenate the area of the muscles in the vaginal area by heating and repairing the tissues. This heat helps promote the production of new collagen—which is what gives our skin its elasticity—tightening and firming the skin and tissues, providing greater control and relief from incontinence for many women.
Benefits of ThermiVa in San Diego
- ThermiVa is an in-office, painless procedure that does not require numbing creams, anesthesia, shots or other preparatory actions. Most women having a ThermiVa treatment are in and out of Laser Cliniqúe in less than 45 minutes
- You can have your labia and vagina treated simultaneously. Most doctors are only certified to treat either the vagina or the labia, but not both.
- ThermiVa does not cause scarring. No laser light is involved and you will not have a discharge after the procedure
- No downtime, recovery time or need to delay sexual activities. You can return to your daily activities upon completion of the procedure.
- Women can undergo a ThermiVa treatment six weeks after a vaginal childbirth or when they are between pregnancies
- Relief from vaginal laxity, vaginal atrophy, orgasmic dysfunction or stress incontinence may last as long as 12 months. ThermiVa maintenance sessions are only necessary about once a year.
- Promotes softer, smoother, firmer labial skin. Women who were embarrassed to wear yoga pants or tight-fitting pants before a ThermiVa treatment report they can now wear yoga pants with confidence in their appearance.
- Much more affordable than surgically performed vaginal tightening procedures
- Many women experience immediate results following a ThermiVa session. Full results of ThermiVa may take two weeks. P. Alexander Ataii M.D. recommends his patients undergo three treatments spaced out once every four weeks to enjoy the maximum benefits ThermiVa has to offer.
Before & After ThermiVa
Where to find Vaginal Revitalization in San Diego
Laser Cliniqúe is now offering a painless, affordable, noninvasive tightening treatment that women often resort to for vaginal rejuvenation in San Diego. ThermiVa provides relief from vaginal dryness, decreased stress incontinence and increased sensation in their vulvovaginal region. We invite you to call us and speak to a knowledgeable staff member about the many advantages of ThermiVa and how you can improve your overall quality of life by choosing this non-surgical treatment. In addition, P. Alexander Ataii M.D. or his aesthetic nurses would be more than happy to schedule a one-on-one consultation if you are interested in enjoying the life-changing benefits of ThermiVa.
Meet Dr. Ataii
Medical Director of Laser Cliniqúe
P. Alexander Ataii M.D. is the Medical Director and Founder of Laser Cliniqúe in San Diego. He is a skilled skin care specialist who focuses on all aspects of the skin both diagnostic and cosmetic.View Bio
PRACTICE POLICY UPDATE REGARDING COVID-19
Coronavirus (Covid-19) Update
Updated March 17th, 2020
After serious consideration and in line with the recommendations of our State and Centers for Disease Control (CDC), we are closing the practice until April 13th, 2020.
Your health and well-being is our primary concern and we want to do our part to make sure that you are protected.
Effective immediately the following will occur:
- All procedures and in-person consultations will be suspended until March 30th.
- The office will be closed but we will see our urgent follow-ups.
- We are instituting Virtual Consultations for all potential patients.
- No patient will ever have any financial recourse for rescheduling their procedures.
We are constantly updating our services and staffing according to the local and national recommendations and will always place your health and well-being as our top priority.
We continue to exercise all the latest recommendations that are handed down by the CDC. These include:
- Staff have been fully informed and trained to understand the disease process and its modes of transmission.
- All staff, vendors and ancillary personnel are being asked to refrain from coming to this office if they have any signs or symptoms of a cold or an upper respiratory tract infection.
- Every patient is also being asked to refrain from coming to the office if they have any symptoms.
- We are asking our patients about any pertinent travel history.
- Hand-washing continues to be the most important mode of prevention. Although it is a part of what we constantly do, now we are doing so with heightened vigilance and attention.
- We have instituted a “no handshakes no hug” policy for now.
- We have asked all vendors that any unnecessary meetings are canceled until further notice.
- Any exit and entrance from our office are followed by a protocol of changing shoes, scrubs and sanitization.
- As we are an accredited medical facility, we are constantly sanitizing all surfaces. We have now vamped that up and our routine, multiple times a day, wiping down all surfaces, desks, door handles, keyboards and restroom facilities. We have assigned a person that does so on a constant basis.
Although Covid-19 is a serious issue, we strongly believe that it will pass and hopefully make our infrastructure and our ability to deal with pandemics in this Country even better than it currently is. We are monitoring this situation on a real-time basis and will not sit back until we know that we have done everything possible to avoid unnecessary exposure.
Here are some links that might be useful:
- State of California Department of Health
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- World Health Organization (WHO)
Please do not hesitate to contact us. We are always here to answer your questions
Call us at 888-406-4801
Contact us today and schedule a virtual consultation!