UNWANTED Hair is Bane of Women’s Lives, Is Laser Hair Removal Right for You?
Hair seems to grow in the oddest of places. How do you choose to remove unwanted hair? Some people use lotions and tonics to remove hair. Those are short term solutions and most require that the hairs grow back to at least 1/4 of an inch before re-treatment. That is not a real solution, it is just another chore to add to your beautification regime. A better long-term option for removing unwanted hair is laser hair removal.
Pros of removing unwanted hair with laser hair removal treatment
- Works on all dark colored hair.
- The laser only targets hair follicles, so it does not damage skin.
- It is a relatively quick treatment process usually about 20 minutes per session to treat a full back.
- It is often a more comfortable choice than waxing.
- It is a semi-permanent procedure to remove unwanted hair.
- There is no down time, though post-treatment care involves staying out of the sun.
- Treatment ranges from 3-9 sessions that are spaced 4-8 weeks apart.
- You can have this procedure done during your lunch hour and not miss a beat.
Cons of removing unwanted hair via laser treatment
- Not a great choice for blonde, gray or white hair.
- Treatment requires pre-treatment and post-treatment sun restrictions.
- Can be slightly more expensive but the results are long lasting.
- There are medical restrictions such as pregnancy which can stimulate hair growth.
How does hair removal via lasers work?
The laser uses a high-intensity pulse of light to destroy the hair follicle. It is the hair follicle that produces hair. Without the follicle, hair will not regrow to that cell. When hair grows in places where it is not pleasing laser treatment can work to remove the follicles that grow there permanently. The process is safe and effective unless there is an underlying medical problem such as PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome).
Hair grows in cycles, and laser interrupts those cycles so that hair either does not grow back or it grows back but in thinner strands. As treatment progresses hair usually stops growing in treated areas. Best of all is the fact that results are long lasting. Laser Clinique in San Diego has performed over 70,000 laser treatments during the past nine years. If you are tired of using lotions, razors, wax, etc that only remove hair temporarily then maybe it is time to deal with your unwanted hair permanently. Try laser hair removal in San Diego at the Laser Clinique. They have over 97% approval rating when it comes to laser hair removal.