As we grow older, the skin loses its natural elasticity and vibrancy, and the signs of age begin to appear. As collagen and blood flow decrease, the facial skin and tissue starts to droop and sag, and the skin loses its glow, taking on a grayish tone. Laser Cliniqúe offers an innovative, non-surgical treatment known as PRP Therapy to restore natural firmness, improve skin tone and texture, and rejuvenate facial appearance.
What Is PRP Therapy?
The PRP Therapy is a non-surgical anti-aging procedure using platelet-rich plasma (PRP) extracted from the patient’s own blood. It is used to correct skin tone and texture, volume loss, and fine lines and wrinkles. It may be performed alone or in combination with injections of hyaluronic acid dermal fillers, such as Juvéderm and Restylane.
How Is the PRP Therapy Performed?
First, a small sample of your blood as drawn. The blood is spun in a centrifuge to isolate platelet-rich plasma (PRP) from the other components. After a numbing cream is applied to the treatment area, the doctor uses very small needles to inject PRP in strategic areas of the face to stimulate collagen production, plump tissue, and improve tone and texture of the skin.
How Is the PRP Therapy Combined with Dermal Filler Injections?
When PRP injections (PRP Therapy) are performed in combination with hyaluronic acid dermal fillers, the filler is injected initially to add volume and correct more significant facial lines and flaws. Next, PRP is injected into strategic locations of the face to jumpstart a natural facial rejuvenation process. Over the next few months, the PRP treatment will continue to improve skin quality, texture, and tone.
How Does the PRP Therapy Compare to Facelift Surgery and Dermal Fillers?
Facelift surgery can lift and tighten loose skin of the face but does not restore age-related volume loss. Dermal filler injections can add volume as needed, but do little to improve skin tone and texture. PRP Therapy performed alone or in combination with dermal fillers can add volume to the face, increase collagen, and improve skin texture and tone.
How Does PRP Therapy Work?
ThePRP Therapy uses components of your own blood to increase natural collagen production in the treated areas. Platelet-rich plasma is rich in growth factors that stimulate the body’s healing process. Once injected into the facial skin and tissue, these growth factors trigger increased collagen production and blood flow and stimulate stem cells to generate new tissue.
What Are the Benefits of PRP Therapy?
This non-surgical, minimally-invasive anti-aging treatment is all the rage for a reason. ThePRP Therapy works with the body’s natural healing response to produce smoother, tighter skin. This procedure has a number of benefits for women and men who want to look younger without undergoing surgery:
- Quick treatment: A PRP Therapy is an outpatient procedure that can be performed in approximately 30 minutes, making it ideal for people who live busy lifestyles.
- Zero downtime: Immediately after treatment, you are free to go about your normal activities.
- No synthetic substances: Unlike other treatments using synthetic substances, the PRP Therapy uses platelet-rich plasma extracted from your own blood to promote healing and increase natural collagen production.
- Stimulates collagen production: The greater the collagen content of your skin, the firmer, tighter, and more youthful-looking it will be. The PRP Therapy triggers a natural healing response to stimulate increased collagen production.
- Improves age-related volume loss: Loss of volume with aging can cause a sunken, droopy appearance to your face. This treatment can help plump up strategic areas and restore a more youthful look.
- Improves skin tone and texture: Increased collagen and blood flow to the skin after a PRP Therapy can give the skin a rosier hue and a smoother, firmer texture.
- Long-lasting results: Results of the PRP Therapy continue to improve for months after treatment and can last for years.