Post Care Treatment
- Do not use Retinoid products, Glycolic, or any other Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHA’s) for 48 hours before or after treatment, unless directed by your doctor. This includes moisturizers that contain any acids as ingredients.
- Cleanse and moisturize skin after treatment. A mild mositurizer, such as the Laser Cliniqúe Calming Moisturizer is recommended. Discomfort from skin tightness can be relieved with this moisturizer.
- Apply Laser Cliniqúe’s Oil Free Sunscreen daily. Sunscreen providing protection from both UVA and UVB rays that has an SPF of 30 or greater is important to use on a daily basis.
- No prolonged exposure to sunlight or use of a tanning bed for at least 72 hours after treatment.
Following Symtpoms may Occur:
- Redness and Swelling After vibradermabrasion most people return to a normal skin tone within 30- 40 minutes. Deeper treatment for shallow scars, or moderate to heavy sun damaged skin may appear slightly red or swollen for a few hours. Patients who have sensitive skin may appear this way for up to 2 days, although this rarely occurs.
- Skin Tightness Skin will feel tight and tingle as if exposed to the sun or wind for approximately 24- 48 hours following a treatment session.
- Skin Peeling Although rare, patients may experience some moderate skin peeling 48- 96 hours after treatment.
Meet Dr. Ataii
Medical Director of Laser Cliniqúe
P. Alexander Ataii M.D. is the Medical Director and Founder of Laser Cliniqúe in San Diego. He is a skilled skin care specialist who focuses on all aspects of the skin both diagnostic and cosmetic.View Bio