Pre and Post Care Guidelines
*** AVOID Vitamin E, Aspirin And Ibuprofen For ONE Week Prior To Treatment***
Before your Appointment
- Inform your physician if you are taking birth control pills or estrogen.
- Consult with your physician before discontinuing the use of any medication.
- Do not drink any alcoholic beverages or smoke two (2) days prior and 2 days after your treatment since this may impair the heeling process.
- The day of your appointment, do NOT shave your legs to avoid discomfort. Shower and wash your legs thoroughly with an antibacterial soap. Do not apply any cream or lotion to your legs.
- Wear loose-fitting clothes the day of your treatment.
- Eat a light meal or snack 1 ½ hours before your appointment.
After your Appointment
- Immediately following your procedure, you will be fitted for support stockings. Following your procedure, you will be required to walk approximately thirty (30) minutes. Be sure you have loose fitting slacks and comfortable walking shoes with you.
- Wear the support stockings as instructed. After healing, you may use them for long trips or when your legs ache.
- If you are traveling over thirty (30) minutes to our office, have someone else drive you, so you can move your feet around after the treatment.
- You will be able to maintain normal activities. Walk at least one (1) hour every day. However, avoid standing for long periods of time.
- Take showers for two (2) weeks following your procedure, do not take baths. Cool your legs with cold water after each shower.
- Avoid strenuous physical activities such as high impact aerobics, running, abdominal crunches or leg lifts on gym equipment for one (1) week while wearing the support stockings.
- Wash your medical grade compression stocking in warm water and mild detergent (such as ALL, Whisk or Ivory Snow).
Meet Dr. Ataii
Medical Director of Laser Cliniqúe
P. Alexander Ataii M.D. is the Medical Director and Founder of Laser Cliniqúe. He is a skilled skin care specialist who focuses on all aspects of the skin both diagnostic and cosmetic.View Bio