Pre Care Instructions
- Patients who have a history of recurring cold sores (Herpes simplex type I) should start oral Valtrex 500 mg two tablets twice daily for five days – starting this prescription 2 or 3 days prior to your PDT treatment. The prescription for this product will be given to you.
- Bring a hat, sunglasses and a scarf the day of your treatment. Purchase Hydrocortisone 1% ointment, Laser Cliniqúe’s Calming Moisturizer and Laser Cliniqúe’s 45 before your treatment.
- Photographs will be taken the day of treatment.
- A consent will be signed in order to be treated.
- Prior to the treatment the area will be cleansed and any oils will be removed from your skin. A Vibraderm treatment will be performed on the skin to improve penetration of the Levulan.
- Levulan is applied topically to the area being treated, such as the face, chest, back or back of hands.
- The Levulan is left on for 45-60 minutes before the light treatment.
- The Levulan is activated by IPL or the Blu-U Light depending on what is being treated. This unique spectrum of light activates the Levulan beginning with low energy levels.
- Post-treatment instructions and a skin care prescription will be given to you to care for your improved skin. Be prepared to be out of direct light for 48-72 hours post treatment.
Meet Dr. Ataii
Medical Director of Laser Cliniqúe
P. Alexander Ataii M.D. is the Medical Director and Founder of Laser Cliniqúe. He is a skilled skin care specialist who focuses on all aspects of the skin both diagnostic and cosmetic.View Bio