Before your Laser Hair Removal Procedure:
- Please shave the entire area you desire treated the day before your planned treatment. Razors will no longer be available to clients.
- Use a broad spectrum SPF 30 (or greater) sunblock before AND after your treatments. No natural or artificial tanning (which includes tanning beds and spray tans) anytime within 2-3 weeks before your session.
- A cream to avoid potential pigmentation may be given for certain skin types.
- Avoid exfoliating agents like Retin-A, alpha or beta hydroxy acids, toners or any irritating creams for one week prior.
- Do not apply any perfumes, deodorant or make-up to the desired area the day of your treatment.
After your Laser Hair Removal Procedure:
- No deodorant for 24 to 48 hours if underarm was treated.
- Immediately after your treatment there likely will be some slight redness, swelling around the hair follicles and mild discomfort similar to a sunburn. You may use Skin Medica’s Ceratopic to help soothe any redness or swelling. Cool packs may be applied.
- You may also notice during and immediately after your session the smell of burned hairs. This is normal.
- Do not rub, or pick the treated area. Do not use any loofahs or abrasive scrubs for at least 5 days.
- Avoid strenuous sports activities or hot water/ saunas/ jacuzzi for 3 days.
- If a crust develops, apply Skin Medica’s Restorative Ointment twice daily, to keep the area moist until healed.
- Contact our office if the area shows signs of infection or blistering.
- Continue to use sunblock for the duration of your treatments.
Scheduling your Next Treatment:
- After your treatment, the hair may appear to grow for up to two weeks. This is simply the treated hair being shed from the follicle, and is not new growth.
- Shaving is recommended between sessions and is recommended the day prior to your next appointment.
- Your session typically is scheduled in four weeks for facial areas, six weeks for torso and eight weeks for below the waist. Interruption of this schedule may cause less than optimal results.
- Electrolysis, waxing, threading, tweezing or plucking is to be avoided between sessions, however shaving is encouraged.
Learn more about Laser Hair Removal
Laser Hair Removal Gallery
Meet Dr. Ataii
Medical Director of Laser Cliniqúe
P. Alexander Ataii M.D. is the Medical Director and Founder of Laser Cliniqúe. He is a skilled skin care specialist who focuses on all aspects of the skin both diagnostic and cosmetic.View Bio