PRP San Diego
Human blood contains white blood cells, red blood cells, plasma and platelets. Because platelets are primarily responsible for starting the process of coagulation and early wound healing, increasing the amount of platelets in wounded or inflamed areas of the body should accelerate the healing process in that particular area.
Based on the ability of platelets to induce healing, platelet rich plasma therapy works by infusing blood plasma with five or six times the amount of platelets found normally in the bloodstream. Moreover, blood plasma is rich in VEGF and PDGF, two growth hormones vital to blood vessel formation and the restoration of oxygen supplies to tissues that are not receiving adequate blood flow.
How is Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy Performed?
PRP is a simple procedure involving the following steps:
- Blood is collected from the patient and placed in a container.
- The container is then put into a centrifuge where it is rotated rapidly to separate blood components.
- Platelets now separated from the blood are prepared for topical application and injection into the scalp.
- Prior to the actual application of platelet rich plasma, a micro-needling device is used on the scalp to stimulate the scalp’s dermis. This induces microtrauma to the scalp so that the body’s immune system responds by initiating the body’s natural healing processes. Enhancing the activity of growth repair cells is the introduction of platelet rich plasma therapy to the scalp.
- Finally, occlusive dressing may be applied to treated areas if necessary.
Length of a platelet rich plasma therapy session depends on the extent of hair loss but generally takes one to two hours. Most patients need PRP therapy several times to achieve desired results. Others may only require platelet rich plasma therapy once or twice a year.
The recent upgrade to Black Diamond means that Laser Cliniqúe is now one of the top 50 clinics out of 30,000 other clinics in the country and one of the few offices with a single injector. Laser Cliniqúe is also in the top 1% of U.S. providers that offer Botox Cosmetic, Juvederm Ultra XC, Juvederm Ultra Plus XC, Juvederm Voluma XC, Latisse Solution and SkinMedica Products. Additionally, P. Alexander Ataii M.D. has been recognized by Vitals as one of the top 10 doctors in California. Out of the country’s nearly 900,000 active physicians, he is among the top one percent who has received this recognition from patients under his care.
PRP Hair Loss Gallery
Meet Dr. Ataii
Medical Director of Laser Cliniqúe
P. Alexander Ataii M.D. is the Medical Director and Founder of Laser Cliniqúe in San Diego. He is a skilled skin care specialist who focuses on all aspects of the skin both diagnostic and cosmetic.View Bio