PRP for Hair Loss FAQs
If you’ve been dealing with the annoyance of hair loss, you may be searching for a way to replace lost hair and improve your self-confidence. While each treatment process is a little different and what works perfectly for one patient may not work as well for another, PRP for hair loss is one option that is becoming very popular. Laser Clinique and P. Alexander Ataii M.D. are proud to be the first to offer this breakthrough treatment—giving those in and around the San Diego area this option when it comes to dealing with hair loss.
If you’ve been considering this treatment, you likely have a few questions. This FAQ will serve as a guide to help you decide if it is the right option for you.
- What is PRP Hair Restoration? – PRP stands for platelet rich plasma. This is a type of therapy which has proven to be effective for a number of issues, including hair loss. It is a non-surgical procedure that involves the injection of your own plasma. In many cases, this can stimulate hair growth.
- How Effective is PRP for Hair Loss? – The expected results vary from patient to patient. When patients are good candidates and follow the therapy procedure as instructed, they can often expect excellent results.
- What is the Process Like? – Blood will be drawn from your body and spun, separating the rich, plasma cells. These cells are then injected directly into the scalp. In an ideal situation, the patient will experience renewed hair growth.
- What is Recovery Like? – Since it is a non-surgical procedure, the healing and recovery are virtually non-existent. Most patients are able to return to work the next day if they want to and only have a tiny bit of discomfort at the site where blood is drawn or the injection takes place. The process is no more painful than a shot.
- What is the Cost of PRP Hair Restoration? – The cost of this process will vary from patient to patient. It may be more or less depending on how many treatments are required. A consultation with P. Alexander Ataii M.D. will help you decide if it is the best option for you.
- How Can I Get Started? – If you live in or around San Diego or in La Jolla, you simply need to make an appointment with P. Alexander Ataii M.D. Our expert wants to help you look and feel your best—this includes our PRP hair restoration treatment as well as other non-surgical and dermatological treatment as well.
[easy-media cat=”211″ col=”2″]