IV drips are the most effective way to deliver needed nutrients to the body. IV is an abbreviation for intra-venous, “venous” meaning relating to the veins.
The procedure in an IV drip is simple. You sit in a comfortable chair at Laser Cliniqúe and an intra-venous needle is inserted in your vein, so the contents of an IV bag can be slowly and gradually “dripped” into your bloodstream via the vein.
What conditions can an IV drip improve?
An array of special formulations is available to address different body and health conditions. During the consultation with us at Laser Cliniqúe, you will discuss your medical history, specific conditions and symptoms from which you want relief, and we will craft a custom IV drip regimen to meet your needs. The following are some of the conditions for which IV drips are used, and the nutrients that help to alleviate them:
- Overall Wellness – IV drip therapy began with the development of the Myers Cocktail, and it is still used as a “go-to” for a host of conditions, including fatigue, muscle pain, depression, migraines and menstrual cramps.
- Dehydration – Dehydration and the loss of electrolytes can be the responsible for a whole host of problems, from fatigue and muscle cramps to brain fog. Without enough water, the body’s fluids do not get where they are supposed to go in a timely fashion. Also, electrolytes work as a team, inside and outside the cell to send messages that signal the brain and nerves to do their jobs.
- Fatigue – Fatigue can be an indication of a number of different conditions. However, it is often remedied by an IV drip of vitamins B12, B5 (pantothenic acid) and B6.
- Colds, Bacterial and Viral Diseases and Low Immunity – This drip often contains vitamin C, the B vitamins, Lysine (an amino acid) and Zinc (a mineral), along with mega-doses of nutrients that specifically address the immune system.
- Toxins and Heavy Metals – In today’s world, it is hard to avoid toxins and heavy metals. They are in the air, in the water and even our food. They can damage to the cells can even affect the liver. Glutathione is not only one of most powerful antioxidants, killing free radicals, but it actually attracts heavy metals and toxins and draws them out of the cells.
- Preparation for and Healing after Surgery – Any type of surgery—whether cosmetic, dental or otherwise—creates stress on the body and depletes the nutrients it uses. By restoring high doses of multiple nutrients, including vitamins and antioxidants, an IV drip can support the body and often help it heal more quickly. In fact, many cosmetic procedures, whether called “surgical,” “non-surgical” or “non-invasive” can still be stressful on the body, and you might do well to discuss the possibility of having an IV drip before and/or after a treatment.
- Jetlag and Hangovers – Flying and can easily cause dehydration, and both jetlag and hangovers often call for the replenishment of fluids and electrolytes. A hangover, specifically, is often the result of depleting the body of vitamin B1. When B1 is combined with the other B vitamins, in the correct proportion, the results are virtually magical.
How many IV drip treatments will I need and how long do the effects last?
The number of IV drip treatments and the longevity of the effects will depend upon the condition you want to resolve. For example, if you have a highly stressful life and are often fatigued or exhausted, a weekly B12/B5/B6 IV drip might be appropriate. If you have jetlag, the odds are that one treatment after flying will restore your feelings of wellbeing. Many of our patients report that even one IV drip treatment made immense and lasting improvements, and choose to add regular IV drip treatments to their wellness routines.
Why Laser Cliniqúe for IV Drips
Our breadth of expertise in dealing with many different types of conditions can create the correct treatment plan, so that you achieve the improvement you seek. Call us at Laser Cliniqúe for a consultation about IV drip treatments – they are remarkable in resolving various conditions, including fatigue, hangover, lack of energy, and overall wellness.
Meet Dr. Ataii
Medical Director of Laser Cliniqúe
P. Alexander Ataii M.D. is the Medical Director and Founder of Laser Cliniqúe in San Diego. He is a skilled skin care specialist who focuses on all aspects of the skin both diagnostic and cosmetic.View Bio