Reshaping the nose can have a dramatic effect on overall facial appearance – but not everyone is ready to undergo surgery. Laser Cliniqúe offers non-surgical rhinoplasty, a minimally-invasive treatment with no downtime to improve the appearance of the nose with the use of injectable dermal fillers.
What Is Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty?
Non-surgical rhinoplasty is a cosmetic medical procedure in which injectable dermal fillers are used to improve the appearance of the nose. The dermal fillers most frequently used in this treatment are hyaluronic acid fillers, such as Juvéderm and Restylane, or fillers composed of calcium hydroxyapatite, such as Radiesse. Bellafill, a collagen-based dermal filler can produce long-term results.
What a Non-Surgical Nose Job Can Do
As one of the most prominent features of the face, a well-balanced nose is essential to facial harmony. While surgery may be required to correct some cosmetic nasal defects, many women and men can benefit from an improved nasal appearance created with strategically-placed dermal filler injections.
In a non-surgical rhinoplasty procedure, using the same hyaluronic acid fillers that are used to enhance the lips and cheeks, the surgeon can:
- Correct hollows, dips and asymmetry
- Subtly increase the bridge of the nose
- Straighten or smooth a nasal hump
- Change the angle of the nose tip
- Make the nose appear smaller
What Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty Can’t Do
A non-surgical nose job cannot change the actual size or structure of the nose. Instead, it camouflages irregularities to improve appearance of the nose and bring it more into balance with the other facial features. Nose reshaping with dermal fillers will not correct a deviated septum or other structural defects that lead to breathing problems.
Who Is a Good Candidate for a Non-Surgical Nose Job?
You may be a good a good candidate for non-surgical rhinoplasty if you are dissatisfied with the shape of your nose or nasal tip but are not ready to undergo surgical rhinoplasty. Although this procedure cannot alter the size or structure of the nose, it can be very effective in improving the appearance of the nose to achieve a more balanced facial appearance – in just minutes, with no downtime.
An ideal candidate for a non-surgical nose job may have:
- Droopy nasal tip
- Pronounced bump on the bridge of the nose
- Mildly crooked nose
- Concavities or minor asymmetry
Does Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty Have to Be Temporary?
Although some advanced hyaluronic acid fillers, such as Juvéderm Voluma can last up to two years, depending on the patient, some women and men want longer-term results from a non-surgical nose job. The usual approach is to begin the process with a temporary dermal filler to achieve the desired aesthetic improvements. Once the temporary filler is absorbed by the body, another procedure can be performed using Bellafill, an FDA-approved, collagen-based dermal filler that produces long-term results.
Benefits of a Non-Surgical Nose Job
Non-surgical rhinoplasty has several important benefits for individuals who are good candidates.
- Non-surgical rhinoplasty is a quick, painless procedure.
- It provides an excellent alternative to surgery for improving the appearance of the nose.
- This minimally-invasive treatment can enhance the appearance of the nose and bring balance and harmony to the entire face.
- A non-surgical nose job can be performed with temporary dermal fillers that do not require a “forever” commitment. Results of non-surgical rhinoplasty using a filler such as Juvéderm Voluma are natural-looking, reversible, and can last up to two years.
- Long-term results can be achieved in a non-surgical nose job using Bellafill, a collagen-based injectable filler.
- Dermal fillers are versatile and allow for precise, delicate improvements that may not be as easy to achieve with surgery.
- The procedure can be performed on an outpatient basis using numbing cream (no general anesthesia or intravenous sedation required).
- There is no downtime after non-surgical rhinoplasty. You can apply makeup immediately after the procedure to disguise minor redness or bruising and go on about your normal activities.