What is ThermiVa?
ThermiVa is a new, non-surgical and painless vaginal rejuvenation procedure that does not require incisions, recovery time or hospitalization. In addition to labia and vaginal tightening, ThermiVa also reduces the severity of symptoms associated with mild to moderate stress incontinence, vulvovaginal atrophy (dryness) and orgasmic dysfunction due to laxity and dryness. ThermiVa’s consistently positive, long-term results have led to this procedure becoming one of the most popular treatments for women of all ages suffering vulvovaginal laxity due to childbirth and aging as well as premenopausal and menopausal dryness and tissue degeneration.
How does ThermiVa work?
The ability for ThermiVa to provide non-surgical, in-office vaginal rejuvenation treatment stems from radiofrequency (RF) technology. RF energy emits safe levels of therapeutic heat that effectively promotes synthesis of collagen within vulvovaginal tissues while also shrinking and tightening these same, damaged tissues. RF technology has been used for over 10 years in various cosmetic dermatology treatments for smoothing wrinkles, improving skin texture and tightening sagging skin.
ThermiVa’s controlled RF heat is applied to the interior and exterior of the vagina using a small, curved, handheld wand that is passed lightly over tissues. As tissues absorb RF waves, they begin initiating a healing response to the heat. As a result of this natural response, your skin and tissue start producing new collagen (collagen remodeling) to repair RF-treated tissues. Collagen remodeling is what happens when facial wrinkling is treated using RF technology. The process of collagen remodeling not only replaces old skin with “new” skin, but also shrinks and tightens lax tissues to provide a rejuvenated appearance and texture.
As collagen remodeling enhances the health of aging vulvovaginal tissues, the ability of these tissues to secrete moisture and lubrication increases rapidly. One of the chief complaints older women have involves vaginal atrophy or dryness, which prevents them from enjoying a spontaneous sex life. Estrogen loss is the main reason why vaginal dryness occurs in women over 45, a condition exacerbated by the general deterioration of tissues due to aging. Instead of choosing hormone replacement therapy to increase estrogen levels, many women are now electing ThermiVa treatments for improving symptoms of vaginal laxity and dryness.
How long is a ThermiVa session?
Taking about 30 minutes, each ThermiVa treatment session is performed by P. Alexander Ataii, M.D. or his expertly trained female aesthetic nurses at Laser Cliniqúe. Since it is painless and noninvasive, you do not have to worry about “taking it easy” after the procedure. In fact, you can resume your normal activities as soon as you leave the office. Women opting for ThermiVa have reported the results of this innovative treatment for vaginal tightening, vaginal dryness, sexual dysfunction and/or stress incontinence is almost miraculous. Not only do they have a more rejuvenated vagina and labia but they also generally feel better about themselves, are much more satisfied with their appearance and experience a dramatically enhanced sexual response.
Benefits of ThermiVa non-surgical Vaginal Rejuvenation
- ThermiVa is an in-office, painless procedure that does not require numbing creams, anesthesia, shots or other preparatory actions. Most women having a ThermiVa treatment are in and out of Laser Cliniqúe in less than 45 minutes
- You can have your labia and vagina treated simultaneously. Most doctors are only certified to treat either the vagina or the labia, but not both.
- ThermiVa does not cause scarring. No laser light is involved and you will not have a discharge after the procedure
- No downtime, recovery time or need to delay sexual activities. You can return to your daily activities upon completion of the procedure.
- Women can undergo a ThermiVa treatment six weeks after a vaginal childbirth or when they are between pregnancies
- Relief from vaginal laxity, vaginal atrophy, orgasmic dysfunction or stress incontinence may last as long as 12 months. ThermiVa maintenance sessions are only necessary about once a year.
- Promotes softer, smoother, firmer labial skin. Women who were embarrassed to wear yoga pants or tight-fitting pants before a ThermiVa treatment report they can now wear yoga pants with confidence in their appearance.
- Much more affordable than surgically performed vaginal tightening procedures
- Many women experience immediate results following a ThermiVa session. Full results of ThermiVa may take two weeks. P. Alexander Ataii M.D. recommends his patients undergo three treatments spaced out once every four weeks to enjoy the maximum benefits ThermiVa has to offer.
Where to find Vaginal Rejuvenation in San Diego
Laser Cliniqúe is now offering ThermiVa in San Diego for women who want painless, affordable, noninvasive vaginal tightening, relief from vaginal dryness, decreased stress incontinence and increased sensation in their vulvovaginal region. We invite you to call us and speak to a knowledgeable staff member about the many advantages of ThermiVa and how you can improve your overall quality of life by choosing non-surgical vaginal rejuvenation with ThermiVa. In addition, P. Alexander Ataii M.D. or his aesthetic nurses would be more than happy to schedule a one-on-one consultation if you are interested in enjoying the life-changing benefits of ThermiVa.
Meet Dr. Ataii
Medical Director of Laser Cliniqúe
P. Alexander Ataii M.D. is the Medical Director and Founder of Laser Cliniqúe in San Diego. He is a skilled skin care specialist who focuses on all aspects of the skin both diagnostic and cosmetic.View Bio