While acne is a condition that is prevalent for many teenagers, it is a skin concern that can also extend into adulthood. It is a complex problem that occurs for numerous reasons, including the buildup of bacteria, an increase in oil production and the irregular shedding of dead skin cells. Stress and hormones can also influence the development of acne. Although living with acne can be a frustrating experience, there are a variety of treatment options available that can treat your active acne and keep your skin clear.
At Laser Clinique, we offer a wide range of specialized acne treatments in San Diego that are designed to treat different skin types and varying levels of acne.
- BLU-U: BLU-U is a light treatment designed for mild to moderate forms of acne. It is a non-invasive treatment that uses a high intensity blue light to kill acne-causing bacteria. The procedure is pain-free and can be completed in as little as 15 minutes.
- Chemical Peels: A chemical peel provides deep exfoliation and removes layers of damaged skin. This allows for fresh, healthy skin cells to come to the surface. During this treatment, a solution containing alpha-hydroxy acids (fruit acids) or beta-hydroxy acids (salicylic acid) will be applied to your skin. Light, medium and strong are the different levels of chemical peels you can receive.
- Prescription Medications: We also offer a variety of topical and oral acne treatments. This can include antibiotics, retinoids, benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid.
- Vibradermabrasion: Vibradermabrasionis a superior exfoliating treatment. It is designed to clear your pores and remove dead skin cells. Unlike traditional microdermabrasian, Vibradermabrasion treatment does not use crystals to remove damaged skin.
- Photodynamic Therapy: Photodynamic therapy is non-invasive and uses light and a photosensitizing agent to improve the appearance of your skin. Specifically, Photodynamic therapy treatment can treat acne, acne scars, minimize pores and reduce the size of the oil glands.
Since we offer the latest and most technologically advanced forms of acne treatment, Dr. Ataii will be able to choose a treatment plan that is based on your individual skin type and acne severity. To get started on the path to clear skin, schedule an appointment with Laser Clinique.