Regaining Your Youthful Appearance with Sculptra Aesthetic
Addressing volume loss of the face and collagen stimulation with Sculptra Aesthetic
rough age that people actually seem to miss it.Sculptra is one tool in the anti-aging arsenal. A poly-L-lactic acid, Sculptra has been used for many years. Fat and collagen in the temples and mid-face begin to shrink as we age, sometimes as early as in our 30s. Because of the loss of fat, the skin can begin to sag, leading to such issues as deepening nasolabial folds, sagging jowls, and hollow cheeks. When it’s injected into the subcutaneous tissue, Sculptra causes the skin to create new collagen.
Like any other medical procedure, it helps to know what to expect when you visit your doctor for Sculptra injections. Following Sculptra Aesthetic tips can help:
- A topical numbing cream may be used prior to injections
- Your doctor may mark the areas to be treated
- Sculptra is mixed with an anesthetic to minimize discomfort during the procedure
- Minor bruising and swelling will generally resolve within a couple days.
- You’ll need to be patient. You may not see immediate results like those seen with fillers such as Juvederm or Restylane due to the time it takes for your body to naturally produce new collagen. However, the results can last up to two years.
There’s no doubt that aging is a gift, an opportunity to experience life and learn from everyday experiences. Still, there is a difference between aging and “getting old.” We recommend that you look in to Sculptra if you’re interested in making sure that your face looks as young as your spirit feels.